Saturday, January 1, 2011

My new life at AGPPA Part two

Okay, I'm not QUITE on the plane, but by the end of this post, I will be!

"Everyone, stick together! We're going to do the buddy system with each other. I will stay especially close with Sonali and Gwen. We're buddies. Chrissa, Elizabeth and Felicity are buddies. That means Lanie, Lily, and Hollie are buddies." Kirsten explained.

UGGHH! I'm with HOLLIE! She won't shut up! And she gets the most attention right now, and I hate that! One could even say that I'm jealous...

When we got to the airport security section, we were traveling together. I mean all three groups. When we came out, there were three of us. WHAT HAPPENED?!?! Oh, wait a second. They're right behind us. Never mind! But, Lanie practically RAN to every single dog that was in a travel cage. I needed to put HER in a travel cage! Well, we didn't. Lanie's my best friend, so I would NEVER do that to her!


We're not done security. We still have to take off our shoes and get them scanned with our carry on bags.

"Well Lanie, we're ALMOST done! I went to California before, and this is the part where we go to the gate!" I explained. Actually, I was in a SUITCASE that took me to California.

Kirsten's back. "Is everyone with their buddies? Good! Now, come up to me and get your tickets! Our gate is number 15, in terminal five."

"I got my ticket! YAY! It's blue!" It was blue with bright yellow horizontal stripes. It was pretty.

"So, how was it in California? Isn't there an AG Place there? Did you meet new people? How was the food? Did you go to different places? How-" I cut Hollie off.

"HOLLIE! SHUT UP! We have to get all the way across the airport in FIVE MINUTES! We don't have time to talk!" Man, now I feel bad!

We went silently but swiftly through the airport, and we finally reached terminal five. Soon enough, we reached gate fifteen. I wanted food. Lanie bought some Tacos at Taco Bell. We ate. We chatted. Okay, we didn't chat, but Hollie sniffled in sadness a little. The seats had fake leather that was peeling from the seats, and it was quite uncomfortable, so I just stood up. A Kanani walked by, and we had a friendly chat. She was going to AGPPA, too!

"First class and business class will now be boarding, first class and business class will now be boarding." The lady spoke into the intercom. That was us! First class! We get reclining seats! YAY!

"Isn't that us? First class?" Sonali questioned.

"Check your ticket." I told her.

"Oh! Thanks, Lily! So, we're boarding now, right?"

"Last call for first class and business class." The intercom lady spoke.

We got up and walked over to the ticket scanner. It was cool!

"Okay, girls! You're all set! Have fun in California!" Another airport worker told us. Her smile was faker than an inflatable turkey. Trust me, I would know.

The pathway to the plane was nice. But, the end of it had a part where if you dropped anything, it would fall to the ground and get crushed by the plane when it started to move.

I found our seats, I had a window seat and Lanie had a middle seat. Hollie had an aisle seat next to Lanie. Poor Lanie. My view was practically black, with a little bit of rising sun. Pretty.

"OOH! What does THIS button do?" Hollie yelled. Her seat fell backwards. It was hilarious! "Okay, that's NOT a good button to press!"

"So, Lily, how did you like California?" Lanie asked me.

"Well, to be honest, I had to stay in the hotel all day with Miranda while her dad was working."

I plugged in my ipod, and my favorite song, Soul Sister, started to play. I tapped my finger on the seat a little. I fell asleep. Until the plane started taxiing. Taxiing is when the plane moves to the runway. I woke up and blurted out, "PUDDING!" People stared.

Now the plane started to get faster. I got a little more nervous. Okay, now we were an inch higher, now a yard, now thirty yards. Okay, I'm feeling a little sick. By now we were about a mile off the ground, then my ears popped. I shoved a stick of gum in my mouth. My ears were better. Yep, chewing gum makes your ears not pop. I was hyperventilating. Hollie was sleeping. Lanie was lip singing to Fireflies on her sapphire blue ipod. I decided I was tired, and I started to recline my seat, when someone complained.

"Hey, I'm trying to eat back here, even though airplane food sucks, so can you not recline so much?" A Hawaiian girl complained.

I turned around
"Wait, did we meet before?" I asked.
"Yeah! You're Lily, right?"
"The one and only! You're Kanani, right?"
"Yep!"

We chatted for a LONG time. She was really cool! In fact, she doesn't have a family, so she's moving to AGPPA, like us. In fact, I called Miranda at the gate, and she may ADOPT my new friend Kanani! YAY!

No comments: