Sunday, January 2, 2011

My new life at AGPPA Part three

When I woke up, Lanie was poking my shoulder telling me something. I flicked her on the shoulder.

"Ow! Why did you do that, Lily?"
"I'm trying to sleep!" I growled.
"Well, I just wanted to tell you that the plane's landing! You slept through the five hour flight, and you missed watching a movie with an episode of 'The Office' following it."

Sure enough, the plane was getting close to the ground, and I braced for impact. When we hit the ground, the plane was very shaky, and I flashed back to being in that suitcase. I was thrown around, it was drafty, and I was cold.

"Please remain seated until the plane has come to a complete stop and has pulled up to gate 9." The flight attendant spoke.

I gathered up my ipod cord, checked on Hollie, who was fine, and started to stretch. I wiped the sleep out of my eyes, and peered out the window. It was brighter than any light I had seen before. Well, except for the light in the hotel that was in California.

Time passed.

"So, did you go swimming in California, Lily?" Kanani asked me.
"Yes, but it was kinda cold."
"Well, when did you go there?"
"End of July."
"But that's the fricken hottest month of the year!"
"Yes, and I couldn't leave the hotel without a sweater."

More time passed.

We left the plane, and the gate. The floors were a shiny silvery gold. Wait, there's Kanani, again!

"Wait, are you going to AGPPA too?" She asked me.
"Yeah! Wait, YOU'RE GOING THERE TOO?!?!" This. Is. AWESOME!!!

We chatted as we left the terminal. It was interesting; she had been in Hawaii her whole life after American Girl had sent her there to get a life. Literally. That's what American Girl does to Girl of the year dolls. They make a test doll, send her to her hometown, leave her for a year, and take her back. Then she describes her life, and an author writes a story.

"Okay, do we have everyone? There's me, Sonali, Gwen, Chrissa, Elizabeth, Felicity, Lanie, Lily, Hollie, and Kanani. Wait, we don't have a Kanani!" Kirsten announced.

"Well, she's going to AGPPA too, and she doesn't have a family." I explained.

"Fine. You can stay with us. Miranda DID say she may adopt you, so you might as well get to know our family." Kirsten answered.

"YAY! THANK YOU KIRSTEN!" Kanani ran up and embraced Kirsten. Some people stared.

Time passed. Again.

After a drive through the desert.... We reached San Diego.

We pulled up to a pretty secluded beach house. A few shells littered the beach, along with REAL litter. Kanani vowed she would clean up the trash tomorrow.

"So, here we are! I guess we're all sharing a beach house, and there's three sets of bunk beds and two bedrooms. The house sleeps ten. Oh, well that's perfect with Kanani here!" Kirsten announced. She announces everything!"

The house was originally an ocean blue, but it was sun bleached, so it looked pale blue.

Inside, there was a sitting room with a couch, two wing back chars, and a coffee table. Next to that room, there was a study room, a bunk bed room that sleeps six girls, and a bedroom. On the other end of the room, there was a doorway that led to the master bedroom. Kirsten unlocked the rooms, and there was a mad dash to claim beds. Sonali hit me in the thigh.

"KANANI! LET'S GRAB A BUNK BED WHILE WE CAN!" I tried to shout over all the commotion.

"OKAY! BUT I WOULD PREFER HAVING A BOTTOM BUNK!"
"GOOD, I LIKE THE TOP BUNK, ANYWAY!"

We got settled in, put our sheets on our beds, and chatted.That's at the most current thing, and I'll post more later!

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

How cool! If that really is what AG does to GOTYs, then I sure do feel bad for the test Chrissa. :(